Friday, August 12, 2011

Antiques Capital of the U.S.A.

Also known as Adamstown, Pennsylvania. We went to a wedding for one of James' college friends this weekend. The four hour drive wasn't so bad, considering that it gave me time to crochet 8 baby hats, and I had something to look forward to...antiques! We started our journey in a magical carriage...















Not really, but I thought it was really cool so I took a picture. It was a little out of my price range. Going to Adamstown is sort of like going to wine country with sprawling vineyards as far as the eye can see. There is a street full of miles and miles of antique shops and flea markets everywhere you look. Lot of fun kitchen collectibles...















And, of course, salt and pepper shakers. I took home the cute little mouse sitting on the clock in the top center of the picture. Hickory, dickory dock. The mouse ran up the clock. Cute, right?






























Here is a hot picture of our legs in the mirror of a fishy display. What you can't see is the scowl on James' face. Which is not fair because he spent more money than I did! He found a Star Wars Jeff Gordon car - now what are the chances of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment