Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mystery Tin

I think that maybe I should make this a recurring post theme. Like a "Guess What's in the Mystery Tin Day"?















Yup. I bought a $4 tin of 228 matchbooks from the 1960's and 1970's. They were so fun and colorful that I just couldn't resist. What am I going to do with them you ask? Maybe I'll be a millionaire one day for having some really rare matchbook that every single collector wants. Unlikely, especially since most of them have the year inscribed in ink. But a girl can dream!















Here are some with great illustrations and captions.















Gotta love Smokey the Bear from 1965! Just imagine all the adventures
the original collector experienced along the way.















And my personal favorite...it's a good thing I can cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment